Along with the entire world, we've been adjusting to the new reality brought on by the COVID-19 virus and its rapid spread across the globe. Our top priority has been the health and well-being of our employees, customers and neighbors.
We're also committed to doing what we can to help the brave men and women of our health care system who are protecting us and fighting back this virus. They are in dire need of masks, gowns, gloves and other essential equipment.
Throughout the rest of the month, we're donating 10% of all proceeds to the CDP's COVID-19 Response Fund. Since timing is critical, we've already donated $500, with more to follow based on sales.
Learn more about this organization and the steps we are taking below.
Here's how we are staying open and doing our part to help during this unprecedented pandemic.
- Our website remains open 24/7 and we are standing by to handle all of your custom framing needs. Contact us during normal business hours by phone, chat or email.
- 10% of the proceeds* from each frame sold will be donated to the COVID-19 Response Fund, which supports significant purchases of essential protective equipment for medical staff in the United States. The fund is managed by the Center for Disaster Philanthropy which has a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator.
- Our Brooklyn custom framing showroom is temporarily closed to all visitors, and our marketing, support, design and development teams are working from home.
- The framing teams at our two fulfillment centers are following rigorous health and safety protocols, and staying home in the event of symptoms or contact with individuals who have been diagnosed with the virus.
- Out of an abundance of caution, each custom frame we ship out is now wiped down before it's packed with an isopropyl alcohol solution that kills germs and evaporates without harming the artwork or photos inside.
- All Level Frames employees can count on their usual compensation and benefits, even if they become unable to work due to illness or the need to care for a sick family member.
We are also highlighting our At Home custom framing solution, which allows you to customize a frame to fit your artwork, and have it shipped right to your door with instructions for mounting the items at home.
It's a to 10 to 15 minute DIY project that our customers love, and it means you don't need to visit the post office or local FedEx/UPS store to send in your artwork (to frame a photo, you can also complete the process from start to finish from home).
Our thoughts and well wishes go out to those directly affected by the illness, and we send a huge thank you to the doctors, nurses, first responders, volunteers and other health care professionals responding to this pandemic.
For all Coronavirus news and the steps you should be taking, the CDC's website is the best place to get information.
Stay safe and make sure your neighbors, friends, and loved ones are safe as well. We look forward to helping with your next online custom framing project, and welcoming NYC residents back into our Brooklyn showroom once we are safely able to do so.
* Proceeds defined as 100% of profit on each frame sold after materials, labor and shipping costs.